Thursday, May 22, 2008

EXCITED!

I'm on the MOSH POSH design team!!!! Holy cow! Yay!!!

I've been waiting to share the news because... well, it didn't seem real to me. haha. It was a shock at first because I've never tried out for a Design Team before but when I saw the call on the website I thought: "eh, why not." So I did and wouldn't you know? I made it!

I couldn't ask for a better bunch of ladies to work with, or a better kit. The design team is super talented which makes me tremble with fear. All of a sudden I am feeling nervous about scrapbooking which is totally lame of me! But it's like the first day of school. I am scared & excited in a really good way. Gets the blood pumping, you know? I think being on the team will stretch my creativity and challenge me in new ways. And I hope I will do Kristen and her kit club proud!

I have a few things I've been working on to share. Some digital, some pulpy... AKA paper product. But first, some thought on digi VS non-digi: It's funny, but digital scrapbooking has made paper scrapbooking easier in some ways. And in other ways, way harder. When I'm digi scrapping I can move things around a billion times if I want to with no worries of adhesive or having to make a final choice about placement. I can stop working at any time and when I come back everything is in its place. That's nice! But with paper scrapping I'm finding a whole new bravery when it comes to layering and layout that I never had before I was a digi scrapper. I'm also more likely to get in there with the scissors and use stuff up. I know I will never be without scrapbooking supplies at my disposal because I have a computer hard drive full of them. ;)


Credits: BAM designs (yours truly): buttons; Little Dreamer Designs: tied ribbon (michelle coleman), hullabaloo staple (Lauren Reid), hullabaloo journal spot green (Leora Sanford); Ah! Designs: Melon Madness alpha, Melon Madness transparency; Designer Digitals: Kellie Mize Ad Challenge freebie (blue and striped papers); Natali Design: blog freebie stitches; Digichick: mira spring garden add-on frame; fonts: CK Becky & another typewriter.

Anyways, on to the sharing. I made this LO above as a RAK for my friend Bonnie. I'm hoping once she gets it printed out she will decide to try her hand at digital scrapbooking (*wink, nudge*). Also, she's super busy with her 3 kids and I wanted to do some pages for her since she has even less time to scrap then I do! This is one of three I plan to do for her. She still has to send me the other pictures (hurry, send them, chica!).


Credits: BAM designs (that's me): pink grid paper; Memory Makers: wild sorbet flower rubons & blue paper & scalloped frame & enjoy word art (michelle coleman), frosted blue bow (michelle coleman), art nation blossom acrylic flower (emily powers); Little Dreamer Designs: hullabaloo scalloped edge (heidi larsen), loveable chipped paint frame *recolored* (michelle coleman); Jackie Eckles: textured bracket brushes freebie.

This page above was created for my mom for mother's day. I bought her an album and started filling it with pages for her. I love digital because when I make a page for her I can print two of them (one for me!) and vice versa. I love the pink & blue in this one. I hardly ever get to use pink because I have a son but the other day I was thinking: "why the heck not?" so I did. And, you know what? I don't feel like it's all of a sudden a girly page because of the pink. Power to pink! ... and stuff.

Ok... I've gotta go now. I'm meeting a friend in 30 minutes, but I have more LO's to share. So, I'll post them tomorrow OK? :) Until then!

4 comments:

lam said...

Congratulations on making it on the team. I just love your work and the kits over at mosh- posh come are awesome

Bonnie Widmaier said...

yeah for you!!!! i am so proud of you and always thought of you when i saw the design teams b/c you will be GREAT at it. i also love love love my page. thanks so much for doing that for me. :) i did send you the other emails with the other pics but i guess that is the ones that arent working. i will try to send them again and then give you a call. love you. see you soon!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Congrats on making the MP team! I have never been to your blog until today, but I am loving your latest LO's! I am positive you are going to rock the MP Kits!!!

Lisa Carroll said...

These are so beautiful! I can't wait to see all the digi goodies you are making. And don't be nervous about MP, you are an awesome scrapbooker!!