Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Designing is a blast...

So, if you've been keeping up with me you already know that I'm dabbling in designing some digital scrapbooking supplies. This weekend I was busy making patterned papers! It was a ton of fun. Before I knew it I had 12 papers made... unfortunately they're not the best when it comes to a set of papers. I still have to work on making a good variety of patterns (for example, not 3 striped papers and 3 papers with grid, etc.) and stay within a color pallette. It's harder than it seems. I've been scanning in textures & illustrations and studying up on my photoshop skills. There's a lot I had forgotten how to do... like how to make a dotted line! Here's a preview of what I've been working on: everything is my own creation with the exception of some free roylaty-free texture brushes. I did my illustrations of the bird and flowers in illustrator. Fun fun fun!!!


Anyways, I hope to have a decent set of papers up for you guys to download very soon! Yay!!! Now this weekend my challenge is to create some elements like buttons, ribbons and stitching. Wish me luck!

As far as paper scrapping goes, I have a new one to share. I finally finished it! These photos of Ben have been sitting in a pile forever waiting to be scrapped. They're so stinkin' funny! He's sucking on the sliding glass door... silly boy.

1 comment:

Michelle Whitlow said...

Your LO is absolutely adorable!!!