Saturday, February 20, 2010

Yes, hi! It's me again...

First and foremost... a new post can be found HERE on my Snookums & Me blog.

And, secondly... pictures...
Me and my hubby. This was a stretch your arm out kind of shot. :) Love those.
My girly-girl, Gracie. She is more than happy to accessorize her outfits. LOL.
Ben was so thrilled to meet the Strawberry-guy at the Strawberry Country Fair. He loves characters. And he is one, too! :)
Ben rides a bike now!!!! He has never been interested in even attempting to ride his trike... until the other day. So, we went straight out an buy him a bike. Now he begs to ride it.

So! Hi!!!! Where have I beeeen? Oh so busy. Although, it's all relative. Busy for me may not be busy for you... but I promise. I am busy for me.

You know, I've come to the realization that I have a small plate. Like, a dessert plate or a tea cup saucer. People say: "my plate is full" or "I can't, I have a full plate"... well, my plate fills up faster than the average person, I think. I'm not one of those people that can work 9-5, cook dinner, sign the kids up for 3 activities a week, be on 4 scrapbooking design teams, volunteer at church, go out with my girlfriends 2 nights a week, travel on the weekends, sew my own clothes, bake gingerbread houses from scratch, get my hair and nails done regularly, go to the gym everyday, tweet 10 times a day, and keep my husband a happy man. LOL. For me, it's like... do ONE big thing a day maybe two. That's IT. Otherwise I am so stressed that I can't do anything well. *sigh* I wish I was different sometimes. I wish I could be one of the busy people that seem to accomplish so much with their time. But, I have come to terms with who I am. I am the turtle, not the hare. But the turtle does win the race in the end, right. ;)

Things have been good in my little small plate world. :D The kids are growing up, the weather has been beautiful (but slightly too cold for my taste), I am making some changes in my life, and most importantly... I have an 85 minute massage scheduled for Tuesday. YeSSSS!!! Oh, and a few weeks ago at the zoo I got up close with a resting Peacock. Have you ever seen one up close? They are simply breathtaking...


Also... I had to resign from the Mosh Posh Design Team earlier this week. Man, that was soooo tough to do!!! Now that it's been a few days it hurts even more because I love that kit club. Kristen (the owner) has become a friend, the new Design Team girls I am working with are amazingly talented, and the kits keep me so inspired. I just couldn't devote the time to it anymore. You know, the whole plate thing. The March kit will be my last one. :(

I do have some exciting news for you, though! I will be offering pre-made scrapbook pages in our Etsy shop, Snookums & Me. So, if you follow my blog but you're not a scrapbooker yourself... you can buy my work and insert your own photos. How cool is that? :) I will also be offering cards and mini albums. The shop opens on Monday, February 22nd. Mark your calendars!

So, that's my lil update for you! Have a great weekend!
-Brook

1 comment:

Bonnie Widmaier said...

tired of all my comments today? well lady i think you manage your plate (no matter how big or small) just beautifully. you are a wonderful creative momma and i wonder sometimes how you get it all in and still have time to be creative and artistic. i enjoyed our time together and wished it could have been longer. yeah for shnookums and me! cant wait to visit the store.