Monday, November 17, 2008

Can you believe it's November already???

It's been such a fast month... and for that I'm glad! I'm finally in my third trimester, but I'm ready to meet this baby already. Lots of the usual aches & pains, and the kind of exhaustion that just smacks me down. But despite these few complaints I'm really enjoying this pregnancy. I mean, look at me! I'm even scrapbooking. That's a miracle in itself because when I was pregnant with Ben I didn't do anything but nap and stare at the TV like a vegetable (don't get me wrong, I still do those things... just not as often).

So, speaking of scrapbooking. I want to share my contribution to the Mosh Posh Design Team for the month of November. I LOVED this kit... like I love coffee and chocolate. It was THAT good. And even after making these very generous pages I still have gobs of supplies left from it. I was very into hand-stitching with colorful embroidery floss this month, as you can see. I have it on almost every page. It makes the page feel richer and more homespun. If you have the extra time, try it. It's great to do the stitching when you're on the couch watching something with only half your attention (like, say, Sunday and Monday night football). I just punch the holes first with an awl and then go through with the needle and floss... although I've seen newfangled tools that you roll along the page and it punches evenly spaced holes. How cool is that?

So, here are my recent pages (including my first ever attempt ay a 6x12 layout):






And here's a shot of the whole kit:


The December kit is going to rock, too. I designed a custom stamp for Kristen which is hopefully being quickly produced right now! I hope it gets finished in time to make it in the kits. It's pretty swell, if I don't say so myself. I also know we'll be getting some nifty add-ons which involve a cute house to decorate... and messy glitter. Can't have enough of those!!!

Anyways, I'm parched and quite hungry for a nibble of something yummy, so I better go! I'm really going to try my hardest to post before this time next month, OK? Talk at you later!

5 comments:

Estee said...

Brook, I loved your layouts this month!! I loved the 6 x 12!! That is such a cool size!

I am glad that the pregnancy is going along so well! I can't wait to see the stamp in the December kit!!! :)

Anonymous said...

yeah, you blogged again. i love to see what you are up to. your new pages are BEAUTIFUL! love the one of you and ben with the circles. how cool about the stamp too. hope to see you at thanksgiving!

Aimee Kidd said...

Hey Brook! Just wanted to drop by and say that I love your layouts from MP this month! You did a great job with the sketch and I love the job you did with that 6x12! I too am working on my first 6x12 tonight! They really aren't that bad once you get to working on them!

Hope you're feeling good! Can't wait to see a pic of that baby!

Tracy J said...

Ohhhh I didn't know you were pregnant...you're soooo cute! I love the lo's you made for the november kit....awesome. Your son with the turkey hat is just precious! :) Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Carroll said...

You did such a beautiful job with the kit this month. I just love them all and love looking at all the creative ways you used the goodies!